Aperture Newbie question (with great timing)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Big Swifty
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Aperture Newbie question (with great timing)
2 months ago

So after upgrading my camera system a short while ago and deciding to shoot RAW for the first time I went with Aperture being that I'm a Mac user.  I'm still learning, doing the lessons in Dion Scoppettuolo's 'Aperture 3, Apple Pro Training Series Book.'  Boy do I feel like a sucker.

Part of the reason I went with Aperture over LR (or others) is because of the interface and how it fits in nicely with the Mac OS.  In the opinions of those far more knowledgeable than myself, should I even bother learning post production technique in Aperture or just make the switch now?  I'm guessing since I already spent the money and have it on my MacBook, I can continue to use Aperture for library management and use another program for pp?  Or will I need (or it's better) to switch my library as well, meaning I should just stop with Aperture altogether?  I won't be going PC, but I don't really see myself continuing with Photos when Apple releases it as it doesn't sound like it will be a step forward and from what I read other software has better pp tools, if not library management.  Fool me once, Apple, shame on you.  Fool me twice....

I remember back in the day that Apple was the choice for artists, photographers, filmmakers, and creative types in general.  Guess those days are over.

Big Swifty's gear list:Big Swifty's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow