I've been published doncha know PART 2

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Kim Letkeman
Forum ProPosts: 33,137Gear list
Like?
Re: I've been published doncha know PART 2
In reply to Wormsmeat, 6 months ago

Wormsmeat wrote:

Hmm - fair enough mate but that would put his face off-centre. Not that that would bother me normally but I feel the face and crystal ball need to be centred here.

Well, the composition is very unbalanced with the face centered because the entire rest of the body is completely off center and the space to the right is completely empty.

So you could of course crop out everything except a head and shoulders, which keeps the face centered and eliminates the imbalance. The disadvantage being that the arms are lost.

Or you could crop to feature the entire body as subject and process it to draw the eye up and to the right to the face. People will naturally gravitate there anyway ...

The feature you want to highlight is the perfectly captured reflection in the bubble. But sacrificing any semblance of balance in the composition is not the right way to go about it.

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow