why are "some" people so insulting and rude on this forum?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
pixelpushing
Senior MemberPosts: 1,314Gear list
Like?
Re: Compensated disparagement
In reply to wb2trf, 3 months ago

wb2trf wrote:

Well, of course it is very difficult to find. That's why some sites are ratcheting up attempts to validate, but how effective that is is unclear.

I think however that it would not necessarily be costly or dumb, except for the remote possibility of legal liability, which I'm sure does restrain many. Apparently there are companies that will post bogus material on contract for very low fees per post, reviews and such. Whether this site is worth targeting by those firms, who can say, but I would guess that it would be if other "review" and comment sites are.

I'd say an Amazon affiliated, highly predominant review and discussion site for a multibillion dollar photographic industry would be ripe for such manipulation. I'm not saying it's rampant here, but there's a lot of brand and product based bashing, shilling and trolling - a lot.

The point that others make, that even on boards that have no commercial angle at all the tone is sometimes problematic, is certainly valid, but a somewhat different point.

I'm with you on this. There's evidence that 'product baiting' or similar exists on a very real, and substantial, scale everywhere from Yelp to comment threads on forums and news sites. Murdoch's Newscorp and FOX News agents have successfully waged quite a bit of interference on a similar scale, politically (and thus economically) speaking.

pixelpushing's gear list:pixelpushing's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samsung Galaxy S4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow