Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ron AKA
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,875Gear list
Like?
Sharpening Tips in Capture One Pro 7
6 months ago

My experience with sharpening has been limited to Adobe Camera RAW, which I believe is similar to Lr in approach to sharpening. With ACR I rely heavily on the ALT key to convert the image to grayscale so the sharpening can be clearly seen. I typically push the Amount fairly aggressively (assuming I want sharpening), and then go to the mask tool and apply it to make sure areas like a clear sky are not being sharpened. I then check the Detail and adjust further to apply detail inside objects is appropriate (not too much, or too little). All of this is done with the ALT key down, and depending on the image with an enlarged area shown. I usually can get a well sharpened image for screen display without halos. I sharpen additionally for printing later with Qimage.

I'm now trying to learn Capture One Pro 7 and do not find it nearly as controllable for doing the initial monitor display sharpening. No real idea where to start and do it logically. If you have any tips you can share, it is much appreciated. My ACR methods do not seem to translate well to C1P7...

Ron AKA's gear list:Ron AKA's gear list
Sony RX100 Epson Stylus Photo R3000 +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow