Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
wolfie
Senior MemberPosts: 2,676
Like?
Re: A ziplock bag? forget it!
In reply to Hen3ry, 6 months ago

Hen3ry wrote:

Potemkin_Photo wrote:

The Nikon AW1 does seem a bit overpriced for what it can do.

A modern day Nikonos would be great. Or I guess I can just get an old Nikonos off the bay and pay a few bucks for film.

Then there's just get a heavy duty ziplock back, partially inflating it, and using that to proof your camera.

One false move and you have an unwaterproofed underwater camera!

It's not that bad Hen3ry! My dicapac WP610 is still working perfeactly afetr two years being used around oyster covered reefs of volcanic rocks and barnacle covered mangroves ... and survived a couple of falls! But agreed, the set up is very limiting for camera controls and viewing the rear LCD can be almost impossible in sunny conditions ... but if it wasn't for this options I'd never have bought a official WR case.

Olympus E-P3 in dicapac cover - cant use zoom ring and basically only shutter and push buttons work.

I tried one of those purpose built bag things; I kept having nightmares about what could so easily happen to my m43, my only camera, so I eventually sold it for practically nothing.

Another thing is flash -- there are a lot of situations underwater where you need flash.

For my own u/w use, have a Panny FT4.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

-- hide signature --

Shoot the Light fantastic

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow