Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 18,348Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigh ..
In reply to Sergey_Green, 4 months ago

Sergey_Green wrote:

knickerhawk wrote:

Look who's talking. You don't even use GND filters yourself.

I did, but I am not a landscape photographer in general. Or rather, I photograph whatever I see most of the time. And with whatever I have in hand, camera phone, dSLRs, compacts, etc.

Odd, isn't it, that he was never able to explain why/how an optical GND filter was superior to the digital solution?

He posted the images, and very good ones. You posted none.

Since you established in that thread that you don't know anything about GND filters or merging+masking in PS, why don't you take one of goWex's classes and then take one of John Paul Caponigro's classes and report back to us on which of the two has a deeper understanding of the issue.

Since you established on many threads that bluff is a photographic technique you feel most comfortable with, I don't think I should be spending time on whatever nonsense you come up with, again. It's time you learned something on your own.

Ironic, isn't it, that of the most recent (Summer 2014) close-ups you've posted to your site, the better ones are f/16 (one is even f/45?).

I have several sites, but I think the image you refer to is this one,

Ironic indeed. So tell us, what is wrong with this image?

Clearly, what is wrong with this image is the way you shot it. Why use f/45 if better techniques are available? Fortunately, the very significant loss of resolution due to diffraction does not show up so badly if you downsample from 36 to 1 MP as you regularly do.

Here is the hint , feel free to bookmark it.

The ones at f/11 all exhibit problematic OOF issues on the flower-subject. Oh well, live and learn...

Vs. no images at all. Should we call it "Brought to you by a man who SAYS he can make good images"?

And what joys do you have constantly hanging out in a forum for a format you don't even shoot? (Think twice before you think you know the answer.)

Do you have a camera?

-- hide signature --

- sergey

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow