Veteran MemberPosts: 3,297
Like?
Re: Crop Factor, Low Light and Aperture with m4/3 lenses? Part 2
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, 4 months ago

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

knickerhawk wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Does anybody have a doubt, that for whatever reason, systems with larger sensors do provide more resolution?

This remains true as of today.

Yes, a real truism, as already pointed out.

Let me know what distinguishes this truism from the following one:

Does anyone have a doubt that for whatever reason, sensors with more pixels will provide more resolution than sensors with fewer.

Well I do.

Interesting comparison of a $2500 body mated to a prime lens that, alone, costs more than the combined cost of any two of the compacts being compared.

Show me a more expensive camera with the same sensor size with a better lens that can beat the A7S.

Now, just for fun, go to Imaging Resources Comparometer and compare the Sony A7s resolution chart (bigger sensor) to the Sony RX100III resolution chart (more pixels). A much more relevant comparison and fairer since both are mated to zooms.

OK, the RX100 then, #2, (and all RX100's before it). I wonder why couldn't they just scale the lens?

Or better yet.  And let's see what happens when we use Sony's own JPEG engine (again, bearing in mind that you're comparing a prime lens on theA7s against zoom lenses on the RXs). What do you conclude when you look at the resolution charts at Imaging Resources when each camera is mated to a zoom?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow