Sigma 150-500mm for Sony-Stabilized or not?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Diablorini
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Re: Sigma 150-500mm for Sony-Stabilized or not?
In reply to Setter Dog, 6 months ago

Setter Dog wrote:

I use a Sony a77 which has body IS, which is effective, but not visible in the EVF. I had an older Sigma 18-250mm OS on this originally and loved using it. The stable look through the EVF makes long zoom photography more enjoyable for me. I upgraded to the 18-250 macro for it's considerably better IQ, but I sure miss the lens IS.

As some of you know, Sigma and Tamron have discontinued IS in their lenses for Sony Alpha. However, I was under the impression that the Sigma 150-500mm was still stablized for Sony. When I see the 150-500mm advertised, including on the Sigma web site, the ads mention something like "Optically stabilized (except for Sony and Pentax).

Believe it or not, Sigma was not sure! Really?

I'm thinking someone on this forum might know for sure. Maybe there's even a Sony/Sigma user on this forum. Thanks!

Jack

I got my Sigma 150-500 (A mount) lens in March and that one has stabilization, I cannot know for sure if this has been in stock for a long time, but as stated mine did come with it, and for that I am happy I must admit.

-- hide signature --

One image at a time I hope to one day master the art of imagery

Diablorini's gear list:Diablorini's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX1 IS Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow