Crop Factor, Low Light and Aperture with m4/3 lenses? Part 2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Just another Canon shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,885Gear list
Like?
Re: Crop Factor, Low Light and Aperture with m4/3 lenses? Part 2
In reply to Anders W, 3 months ago

Anders W wrote:

May I remind you that you entered an exchange between me and posters who made claims based on enlargement that there were good reasons for me to question.

All I said then was:

Does anybody have a doubt, that for whatever reason, systems with larger sensors do provide more resolution?

This remains true as of today.

One good way to get FL control is to have a capable zoom (with less lenses in the bag). The m43 system has no meaningful answer to the FF f/4 zooms.

For my needs, the 12-40/2.8 is a meaningful answer. When I need the FF equivalent of f/4 or (or a bit wider) for subject isolation by background blur, I would usually use my 45/1.8 and/or 75/1.8. I prefer that to carrying a 70-200/4 FF zoom.

F/4 needed for subject isolation? Really? Did I isolate the subject well here:

35/4

How about here?

70-200 at f/4

EDIT: DXOmark contradicts your claim that the 20/1.4 is sharper than the Canon 50/1.4 (as PZ does), by far, but you knew that, right?

As to PZ, I already notified you here

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53900103

of the fact that you have apparently overlooked the big sign about non-comparability across platforms posted on their home page.

Well, I did, and I am still well and alive. Better than comparing some voodoo acutance scores.

Just another Canon shooter's gear list:Just another Canon shooter's gear list
Samsung Galaxy S III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow