Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
knickerhawk
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,438
Like?
Re: Crop Factor, Low Light and Aperture with m4/3 lenses? Part 2
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, 6 months ago

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

knickerhawk wrote:

Remember, the reason I responded to Bob was to counter his criticism of Anders for not accepting at face value the "packaged" results from DXO. I think you and I are actually pretty much in agreement on the questionable value of DXO's scores.

So is Bob.

That's certainly what I would hope.  Perhaps when he is reanimated here he can explain why he was critical of Anders for questioning the value of the DXO lens scores.

Your reference to the P-Mpix maps is just another example of how misleading the presentation of the DXO data can be. For instance, the information in the sharpness profile tab for the two lenses at f/2.8 for the Oly and f/5.6 for the Nikkor indicates that they perform quite similarly in the center (the Oly wins the horizontal measurement and the Nikkor wins the vertical and average of the two), but the Oly is better across the whole frame.

Those are "acutance maps", whatever that means, as a percentage of who knows what; instead of P-Mpix maps, whatever that means.

Well, to clarify, in your prior post you pasted the P-Mpix maps.  The "acutance maps" can be found under the Global Map and Field Map tabs.  It's all rather confusing and the precise relationship between the P-Mpix map and the other maps and the Profiles graphs is not decipherable (to me at least).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow