Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,931Gear list
Like?
The 810 is a BIG letdown (for me)
3 months ago

It took me many months to get the D800 AF to work properly, but it finally does and it's rare that I miss a shot.

After months of people denying the D800 AF issues, the "improved" AF of the D4s and D810 seems to have led to a group finally saying the D800 AF is sometimes flakey (depending on your needs).

But overall I have no issue with my D800 AF these days and the IQ is stunning. So here comes the D810 and I was really excited that it might shoot at 6 or 7 FPS. But 5 FPS? Who cares? I've got other cameras like my Df that can shoot faster and real action shooting needs a D4s anyway.

So I guess the D810 main deal will be AF that works straight out of the box. Let's hope so. Likely I'll skip this mild refresh and wait for the real next generation of DSLR.

Cheers,

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Nikon D4s Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow