Should the new Sony FF E-mount forum include RX1?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Section10
Contributing MemberPosts: 670Gear list
Like?
Re: Should the new Sony FF E-mound forum include RX1?
In reply to pixelpushing, 5 months ago

pixelpushing wrote:

Section10 wrote:

pixelpushing wrote:

Section10 wrote:

My choice weighed heavily between the A7 and the Rx1r. Being an "RX'...or 'cybershot' is more a marketing decision than a reality. It practically sits alone in that forum...

The likely take is:

Yes because their both Sony mirrorless Full Frame

No because it's not an e-mount, it might 'clutter' our precious A7 opinions.

The snark is unnecessary and non-conducive to cohabitation.

If this is 'snark' to you perhaps we need a separate forum for the overly sensitive. I listed 2 likely opinions. Find some hole to crawl in and blame it for being insensitive.

It's your mantra, that FF folks are 'biased' and 'elitist' for wanting their own forum. But I see you're willing to allow for a FF forum when your RX1 is mentioned for inclusion.

Ah, the wonders of hypocrisy.

I would vote to INCLUDE Rx1 in the same forum...you vote to EXCLUDE A7 from an A6000 from people who would own both sensor size.

yes some FF users are bias, we've been through this and then the poll even clearly demonstrated it not surprisingly. Including different cameras doesn't show bias, excluding only yours so you don't get 'cluttered with APS talk' is exactly the attitude thats been shown here, and all we did was show that there was bias. You've been fighting this non-stop.

As i recall, you also critiqued people that didn't own an A7 having an opinion as to which forum they should be on. How's your Rx1?

So lemme get this straight: I shouldn't point out the irony of non-A7 owners dictating whether A7 owners get their own forum... But I can't talk about the RX1 being let in to a Sony FF forum...Even though I support the idea and am open to you being in there (imagine!).

Sigh.

My opinion is that anyone can talk about anything. Me purchasing the Rx1r instead of A7 does not invalidate my opinions or knowledge of cameras/photography so doesn't need to be excluded from the forum like you suggested. Of course you can talk about the Rx1 being included...but if I used your logic ...you cannot.

Can this be done yet? They're splitting the forums, shouldn't you be taking photos by now...rather than bring up the same ole defeated points you did last week? I have a feeling you'll respond to every letter of this post..

Section10's gear list:Section10's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1R Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
yesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow