Do not upgrade/update your CC apps yet

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
billythek
Senior MemberPosts: 3,497
Like?
Re: Do your Nik plugins work with CC2014?
In reply to billythek, 1 month ago

billythek wrote:

billythek wrote:

When I ran the Nik installer, since they didn't show up in CC2014, it caused CC2014 to stop working - failed with an error at startup that said it could no longer find necessary files. When I uninstalled Nik from CC2014, it didn't fix the problem so had to uninstall CC2014 and re-install. Am holding back on trying to install Nik again until I hear from more than one person that it works.

I went to the Nik website and downloaded the trial version. It installed fine on CC 2014, and all my other programs. I ran through a few modules and all the ones I tried worked fine. The trial version somehow figures out I already had a licensed version installed, and uses that license.

The only problem I've had so far is related to DXO and LR 5.5 (unrelated to Nik or CC 2014). When I export a file from DXO back to LR 5.5, it does the transfer OK, but then a window pops up warning me that I can't open LR with the same catalog. It's not a huge problem, because if I just dismiss the warning window everything is fine. But it didn't do this before the update, and it is annoying.
--
- Bill

I filed support tickets with both DxO and Adobe about the DxO/LR 5.5 problem. I have a feeling Adobe will just point their fingers at DxO, but will see what happens. I have tried reinstalling DxO to no effect.

It is not a show-stopper, but it is irritating.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

This turned out to be a problem with the Creative Cloud App installer.  I had to uninstall LR 5.5 and reinstall it using the link on the adobe website.  Note that just using the "repair" option did not fix the problem.

Works fine now.  I have to say both DxO and Adobe were fairly responsive in trying to fix the problem.

-- hide signature --

- Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow