Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Scottelly
Senior MemberPosts: 1,801Gear list
Like?
DP2 Quattro vs. Nikon D810
3 months ago

It's bound to be a thread here, so I figured I'd start it. SOMEONE please buy both and compare them. Frankly I can't believe Nikon kept a 36 MP sensor in the D800 series, now that the Quattro sensor is coming. Maybe they think it's good enough. In fact, I wonder if they've been waiting to see what the Quattro images look like, before deciding to launch the D810 with the 36 megapixel sensor, or whether to wait a few months and introduce it with a higher resolution sensor.

I'd like to see which makes better image quality. I think the little Quattro will "win." Previously I thought the D800 was older technology that should not be the main camera considered against the DP2 Quattro. I felt this way, partly because it wouldn't be totally fair to put a brand new camera up against a camera with older technology in it. Now the DP2 can be put to the test against the latest and greatest Nikon has to offer, for real. I think it will be a hands-down winner, and I think the DP2 Quattro should still be put up against the Pentax 645 Z and 645 D cameras, but now that Nikon is making a "latest version" of the D800, I think the DP2 Quattro should be compared to the Nikon D810 also.

Any thoughts?

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sigma SD14 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +7 more
Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2 Quattro
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow