ksarkar77
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
Re: Nex5n Owner bought an A7, shutter speed question
In reply to andrewD2, 3 months ago

andrewD2 wrote:

ksarkar77 wrote:

AlphaLux wrote:

Guys, you don't calculate crop factor and equivalency of f-stops when it comes to light gathering capabilities. Only in depth of field comparisons. As far as exposures go, the f-stops will be the same
--
Brand new Tumblr dedicated to my life through the Sony a7
http://alphaetlux.tumblr.com/

AlphaLux, I do not get it. Is it not that light gathering ability is more on full frame, hence should get higher shutter speed ?

I did some test today as per the suggestion from the other posters. Manual mode, F 3.5, ISO 3200, Spot Metering, straight JPEG out of camera. Still A7 is registering slower shutter speed compared to 5N. What is going on here guys???

You should get the same exposure times.
Full frame does gather more total light per second at the same aperture but the same light PER AREA.
They are not far off, ISO rating slightly different, lens vignetting, T stop of the lens are possible reasons but they need to be shot at the same white balance first (raw might be better).

Andrew

Thank you very much for the explanation. I was having wrong conception about it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow