I'm interested in the Voigtlander 17.5 f/0.95

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
pdelux
Regular MemberPosts: 389Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm interested in the Voigtlander 17.5 f/0.95
In reply to Gunnlaugur Gudmundsson, 4 months ago

Hi Gunnlaugur,

I have this lens and I love it. It is my favourite lens. The build quality is excellent. But it is quite large and very heavy so you will need a decent grip, its all Metal. I have an OMD EM5 with the HLD-6 grip and its fine, but still front heavy, so Im careful when I put the camera down on hard surfaces.

It is acceptably sharp wide open (soft in corners) and gets very sharp from F2 onwards. @ F4 its amazingly sharp across the frame.

The only downside I have is that its very difficult to focus @ wide apertures because of the very thin DOF, with the EM5 because it doesnt have Focus Peaking. But the more I practise the more in focus shots I can achieve.

The colour rendition is very nice. Would like to post pictures but I am currently at work.

You will be happy with this lens, if you are fine with Manual Focusing. It has Step and Stepless aperture setting which is very handy for video. Videos shot with it Look very Cinematic.

pdelux's gear list:pdelux's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow