Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pawel D
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Samyang 10 mm 2.8 on Focal Reducer and Lumix G2
2 months ago

Recently I gave up testing lenses and focused on shooting. But then my students prepared an art installation I couldn't document! It was an environment that was dark and narrow. I needed a wide and fast lens. This way I figured this out...

It's the fastest ultra wide combo I could've imagined. At first I've thought about Tokina 11-16/2.8 with FR and I've tested it. But it lacks aperture control. And how annoying can that be? If you're not using Canon cameras every day, buying a $500 lens for constant aperture of 2.8 doesn't seem to be a good deal.

Few days ago I've come across Samyang 10 mm f2.8 that was designed for APS sensor cameras. And suddenly I asked myself if it could work on Focal Reducer with MFT camera giving you the amazingly wide 7 mm f2.0.

I've tested it today and the answer is - YES! Yes it could, and it works, and it's really great!

Olympus Zuiko 12-60 mm 1:2.8-4.0 @12/2.8 - for comparison

Samyang 10mm f2.8 with Focal Reducer on Lumix G2

Samyang 10 mm f2.8 with Focal Reducer on Lumix G2

I wasn't able to test the lens fully, I've taken a few snaps in the shop, but you get the main idea. It works! Or should I say.... "HE'S ALIIIIIVE!"

For more, please visit my blog: LensCraze.blogspot.com

Waiting for comments!

-- hide signature --

Samples from my lens collection are available here:
http://lenscraze.blogspot.com
Hope you find that useful!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow