Olympus 45mm Lens - Polarizing Filter

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 848Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus 45mm Lens - Polarizing Filter
In reply to Bryan Mac, 2 months ago

I bought a 37mm B+W Kaesemann Digital Pro polarizer a few months ago... Wasn't cheap tho. Went for the Kaesemann over the regular MRC multi coated because it wasn't much more anyway (like maybe $10 more?), and this version was silver which looked nicer on the 12-32mm I intended to use it on (same 37mm thread size as the 45mm tho). The MRC ND I got for the 45mm OTOH was a special order and it took over three months to ship out rather than the couple weeks B&H quoted.

I didn't bother with step down rings and whatnot because I'm not planning on using either filter with my 20mm (and I didn't have the 9-18mm to account for then, although I probably wouldn't use the polarizer with it either). I think 37mm is an odd or uncommon filter size tho (relatively speaking), which means native filters aren't any cheaper even tho there's a lot less glass in them, there's also less demand.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow