Canon 6D Owner: Second Camera - X100, X10 or XE-1 with kit lens?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cherishzm
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Canon 6D Owner: Second Camera - X100, X10 or XE-1 with kit lens?
6 months ago

I own a Canon 6D and few lenses and usually take pictures of my family, kids (4 and , and pics of various family events. Due to the bulkiness of the camera and lenses, my wife and I seldom take them out and am thinking of getting a secondary camera small enough to carry more often.  I'm not looking for something that fit in my pocket but one that's reasonably light and small.

I've read that Fujifilm cameras produce excellent photos (we are JPG shooters) especially for people pictures and do want to try Fujifilm camera I'm very budget conscious so always look for best deals possible and don't mind buying used products in good condition.  What I found is below and I'd like to get opinions which would suit my needs.  I might entirely give up the 6D and lenses and make a full transition in the future (if I can produce images good enough).

1. New XE-1 with kit lens: $700 (I should've bought it for $600 when it was on sale earlier this year!).  I like a focal length of 35mm on full frame so the Fuji 23mm prime would be the best bet in the long-term.

2. Used X100: $500~$600 used.  I like the fact that it comes with a fast 23mm fixed lens.  Could I use this as the only camera without 6D?

3. Used X10: $250-$300 used.  This one will definitely be a secondary camera to keep with 6D.  Not sure how good picture quality is.

The main concern I have is the speed of AF on these Fuji cameras compared to the 6D.  I have not had a chance to play with any of these and there are no shops around me that carry them so I can test them out.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Cherishzm's gear list:Cherishzm's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +4 more
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow