GH4 problems? LCD changes shutter speed AND frame rate when in manual?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Krisperrault
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
GH4 problems? LCD changes shutter speed AND frame rate when in manual?
4 months ago

Hey guys,

I bought a GH4 yesterday, and it's pretty awesome. This is my first Panasonic so I need to get used to it. But I ran into a problem last night and today and it keeps doing it.

Basically when in Manual mode for photo, it looks exactly like video mode but in a 4:3 crop. Is there a way to disable completely the video capabilities when in photo mode? Because I'm running into this problem where when I lower the shutter to let's say 1/8 or 1/6, in my EVF and LCD it looks like it's lowering the frame rate at the same time of my LCD. So above 1/20 it's fine but lower then that makes everything choppy and laggy like if I was shooting video at 8 frames a seconds. This is really distracting when I'm in low light!

Also I ran into a problem of the LCD and EVF to expose automatically to what I was looking at. This got annoying so I started button mashing until it stopped. But I would still like to know for the future if it this terrible thing comes back!

That's it for now!
Thanks!!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow