ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
canon20s
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
EOS M For IR - Which filter, examples?
6 months ago

Hey there.

Im going to be sending my 2nd EOS M into Kolari Vision to do a IR conversion.

My previous conversions have been 830, 720, and most recently a Super Blue from Lifepixel on m 40D. I REALLY like that one.

But I am wondering if the people here that have had their M's converted, which filter did you use? Kolari was highly favorable of the 590, but I have a custom preset in ACR that works with the super blue so i dont have to do any channel swapping to get my color / B+W IR images. Its pretty nice. But I was also thinking about going with the full spectrum, or dual spectrum, then I could add a filter to get any wavelength I want. However, with my previous experiance, I think the super blue might be the best option anyway. I get super black skies when I convert to BW, and great color options as well. Not sure I need more..

Does anyone have any raw files you'd be willing to send me to try in ACR and see what works for me?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --

- So there

canon20s's gear list:canon20s's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +17 more
Canon EOS 40D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow