Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
burnymeister
Senior MemberPosts: 1,498Gear list
Like?
GM-1 and PL 15mm f/1.7 go Mountaineering in the Rockies
4 months ago

As promised, I took my brand new PL15mm f/1.7 out for a spin in the "real world" last weekend on my GM-1. Overall impressions?

• Great color / contrast / detail rendering
  • Sharp enough for me! (I don't really pixel peep...)
  • Very much like my beloved Sony RX1 on the GM-1
  • MUCH better than trying to use that finicky little scroll wheel to adjust aperture!
  • Better IQ than the kit lens but at f/5.6 or f/8 is it worth the extra $$$? Not sure. For me, yes. I like the option of f/1.7 but others will feel limited with no zoom.
  • LOVE the 30mm FOV. I think this is my favorite prime FL of all time. It's the perfect compromise between 28mm and 35mm. Perfect for almost any landscape IMHO.

Here's some shots from the weekend. Some are with the el cheapo Olympus 40-150mm which I also carried. Many are stitched panoramas - the 30mm FL is perfect for this.

Story and background to the trip along with many more photos with the PL15 at my website as usual.

Thanks for looking!

-- hide signature --

Vern Dewit
Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.explor8ion.com
http://verndewit.com/

burnymeister's gear list:burnymeister's gear list
Sony RX1R RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Sony Alpha 7S Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +4 more
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow