Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
JurijTurnsek
Regular MemberPosts: 181Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ1000 preview - for RX10 users
In reply to AlGor, 3 months ago

AlGor wrote:

JurijTurnsek wrote:

On the contrary I believe 4K is the buzzword that will sell this camera. The combination of sensor size, long reach and 100mbs bitrate makes this camera very future-proof. You could even go as far as claim you will never need to upgrade (until 8K that is ) if you are not a PRO user - and this cam is not aimed at PRO users.

Sure, there will be smaller models with 4K, but the sensor size and lens specs mean this beast can never truly be shrunk down considerably.

One question only: did you ever shooting and then editing the 1080 P home movies? I did try do that but then come down very soon on 720 P because 1080 P build up very fast about 25-30 GB memory space.

I means I like idea to watch my photos on 4K TV and will do it soon (planing to buy 4K TV) but about home made 4K movies... And I have last Mac Book Pro Retina... No definitely I'm not the PRO (and sure PROfessional people will use some more "PRO" cameras.

I think I'll get one this FZ1000 instead to buy now RX100 M3. Soon...will see.

Al.

Yes, I have to agree. Shooting home movies in HD and trying to distribute them in such a way that relatives with no interest the latest and the greatest tech will be able to watch is a major PITA. 4K will only make it worse.

If you are struggling with that, you can always shoot 1080p and switch to 4K when you feel you are ready and not have to upgrade your camera. But then again, having an archive of footage in 4K resolution (even if you cannot appreciate it now because of hardware restraints) is a huge plus.

JurijTurnsek's gear list:JurijTurnsek's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow