S. Africa Safari Camera Decisions - Sony NEX-6/RX10/RX100

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
vndrsmth
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Re: S. Africa Safari Camera Decisions - Sony NEX-6/RX10/RX100
In reply to Adidas4275, 4 months ago

Adidas4275 wrote:

the nex-6 plus some of the faster prime lenses or the 55-210mm + 1.7x or 2.0x Tele Converter would get you the ability to fill the frame easier with good IQ. There are some good BIF shots here with the 55-210+TC that are impressive (I just bought the TC to try and get some wildlife shots with)
smaller cameras are nice, I would want to shoot time lapses or star trails and I am unfamiliar with the RX10 or 100's ability to do so...
I think the e-mounts are really good with their fast prime lenses, which are not really geared for wildlife.... the 16mm with wide angle adapter would be nice for some landscape shots.
I would throw the Nex-6 and 2-3 lenses in the bag if it were me...

Are you bringing a tripod or monopod?

I've got a decent enough tripod with a good head on it and a no frills monopod I'll be bringing.

The widefield you mentioned for landscapes/star trails is a really good idea. I leave on Sunday and am going to test pack on Friday to see how much room I've got.

vndrsmth's gear list:vndrsmth's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow