nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,880
Like?
Re: LA-EA4 Adaptor worth keeping?
In reply to jalywol, 5 months ago

jalywol wrote:

Tubbycub wrote:

Hi all,

I received the LA-EA4 adaptor through a sony redemption.

I don't own any A mount lenses, Should I just sell it?

Or are there many good full frame A mount lenses that I should look into?

Thanks.

If you are on a budget, there are a LOT of Minolta AF lenses that can be had for not a lot of investment, that will give you pretty good coverage of some focal ranges that the current Emount lenses don't have. I bought a 70-210mm and 75-300mm, and have been having great fun with them both...for very little cost. I also have the 50mm f1.7, which is a pretty good lens, but if you have the 55mm Sony, it would be redundant....

I expect I will add other A-mount lenses in future if I happen upon some good deals with them. The adapter works extremely well, and it really opens up lots of options for lens choices that are not available in native FE mount yet.

-J

I totaly agree with jalywol but want to add that there are a lot of very good A-mount lenses from Sony and Sigma you can use with the adapter, form Wide angle to Tele, and also very nice f2.8 zoom lenses. Lenses not available for the E-mount at the moment.

So in short when you want to use those lenses then you should keep the adapter, when you are happy with the lenses you have and don't need more lenses then you can sell it...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow