Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dean Baird
Contributing MemberPosts: 609Gear list
Like?
D800 Battery Grip Thread for Mid-2014
3 months ago

I've been shooting a D800E since May, 2012 and only now have reason to consider a battery grip.

Nikon's appears to be unforgivably overpriced [$600+]. If you have Nikon's grip and think it was worth the money, chime in and let me know!

Phottix makes two that can hold 8xAA or 1 EN-EL15. Are there any nice grips out there that can hold 2xEN-EL15s? [$150 regular or $200 premium]

Vello makes one that gets nice reviews on B&H. The price seems reasonable. [$90]

DSTE apparently sells a grip+EN-EL18a + charger for less than the price of the raw materials on eBay, but you're on your own if something goes wrong. You can think of how much you saved while you struggle in the African bush. If I've got it wrong, let me know.

Pixel? Just another cheap knock-off?

Any gems out there that I'm missing?

-- hide signature --
 Dean Baird's gear list:Dean Baird's gear list
Casio Exilim Pro EX-F1 Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow