Camera designed for the "Professional Chimper"

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Barlowephoto
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Camera designed for the "Professional Chimper"
In reply to Martin.au, 6 months ago

Martin.au I used to own Olympus OM film cameras, and it seems like Olympus is at the forefront of the mirrorless revolution. Nice to hear you can chimp with the EVF. Let me explain my need for chimping. Shooting in daylight ( or available light), whatever..... is no great challenge. Cameras have great metering, and shooting in raw gives almost unlimited exposure freedom. So I'm not worried about basic exposure. What I need from chimping is feedback. Feedback because I like using multiple strobes on location indoors and out. I like to SEE what every light is doing. Ive been in this game a long time, and just looking at an image, I can tell which one of a half dozen strobes is a half a stop too much. Or if there's a shadow or reflection-which strobe is the offender. Or maybe a gel is casting too much color. It's all about control, I guess. And if my LCD screen gets washed out with too much ambient light--i feel like I 've lost control.........Jeff Barlowe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow