need to scan 1,000+ photos

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
PhantomBen
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Re: PhantomBen - Your second thread entry on this matter
In reply to Kenny101, 1 month ago

Kenny101 wrote:

Again, I want to thank all of the posters who described what scanners they thought are good and why.

I still have a big project ahead of me and sent 2 large flat rates boxes out to be scanned by someone and the quality was so so. It was scanned at 600 DPI but the .jpg were compressed too much so file sizes were rather small.

I still have several thousands of pictures to scan.

This thread should be for information not for people criticizing others . I dont care if the scanner was returned. I care how it worked and that was posted.

Thanks again.

You sound like one of the few people in here (besides me) who has a practical mindset.

You sent out your photos to a pricey service bureau and you got burned by poor quality results. If you listen to some of the self-righteous morons in here, you should just suck it up and be happy you spent a lot of your hard-earned money paying for mediocre scans. They enjoy being sheeples that get abused by the corporate masters, so they want you to be the same way.

Now if you follow my advice, buy a high quality scanner like the Canon DR-M160 from Amazon or other retailer with an iron-clad return policy and do the project yourself like a real man would. Scan your photos as 600 DPI TIFF files and dont tolerate compression artifacts. Return the printer for a full refund --- then sit back and enjoy your scanned files while smiling and knowing all your cash is back in your pocket, my friend.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow