Wonder Woman, The Joker and many more Heroes Convention in Charlotte.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Pike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,149Gear list
Like?
Wonder Woman, The Joker and many more Heroes Convention in Charlotte.
1 month ago

It isn't every day that you walk off the street and into a convention filled with so many subjects to shoot.

Action comic books, and action figures everywhere all for sale.

He was so good he was creepy.  This joker had a smile that really looks good as a b&w or color.

Wonder Woman struck a pose for me.  I saw her later when she had used her rope on a few guys and had them tied up.

There were artist drawing for the comics everywhere.

People were lined up to buy signed artwork from the action comic cartoonist.

You could also buy limited editions at the convention.

It has been years since I have bought a comic book and then it might have been Mickey Mouse, not so much Spiderman.  So I don't really know who they might be or what book they are out of.

People were really dressed up for this.  It was a fun few hours.  Great way to spend a really hot and humid day in the South.  The convention hall was air conditioned and had some seats, so you could rest if you needed to.

I had a really good time.

Now I shoot with a Panasonic G3 and for this I was using my 20mm lens.  I need to write down the settings that worked best, so next time I will remember to set my focus better.  I had the square set up for the center of the frame, which is good, but I had the size set to large.  For something like this it worked well, but I did miss a few where it focused on the wrong thing.  Works best when you have it set for the smallest square, and then you would focus on her eyes and then re frame the image.  Still a great many did work and came out sharp.  I have these in color as well as in b&w on my web site.  I never sell these, just enjoy sharing with people.

www.photosbypike.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow