ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaddyG
Regular MemberPosts: 211
Like?
From xxD to 6D... or X-T1
3 months ago

Hi,

I'm considering the switch from the 60D to either the 6D (for improved IQ) or the X-T1 (primarily for the smaller size, but also the excellent lenses and weather proofing).

But there's a couple of points that are giving me pause with the Fuji. Most importantly, I like to dabble in video and it appears that there is no manual control on the X-T1, and the quality is poor. The ergonomics seem a bit dubious also, specifically as DPR point out the placement of the ISO dial. I'm also a little concerned about the camera's focusing ability with Birds in Flight, the poor battery life and the general maturity of the system e.g. OC Flash

If I went the 6D route, I'd be replacing a EF-S10-22 with the 16-35 F4L IS.

Would be keen to hear from other users who have made such a move, or anyone who can give some pointers. My concerns about the 6D are that I would be moving to a larger set-up, when I want to go smaller. And a lack of articulated screen.

I gravitate towards wildlife/nature/lansdcape and sports images, although also love street and travel photography. I like to trek into the wilderness, so light weight is very important.

I posted a similar question in the Fuji section and got some intriguing answers, but want some balance for essentially what is my mirrorless/no mirrorless future. Difficult decisions!

Unfortunately, while I'm familiar with the 6D, testing a X-T1 is more difficult. I live in quite a remote area.

Thanks for your time

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow