Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,863Gear list
Like?
To keep or not keep DSLR
4 months ago

Who is using a Fuji X camera, XT, XE, Xpro, X100s and has kept their Nikon D7100 or Canon 7D with a lens or two? I thought about Full Frame, but I am not making any prints larger than 8x10 consistently so the crop sensor should be fine. FF I don't think is necessary.

Thinking about the X100s with a crop sensor DSLR and their 24-70 mm 2.8 type equivalent lens regardless of the Fuji 16-55 mm 2.8 being on the roadmap. So just one or two lenses with a DSLR thing.

So the Nikon D7100 with the 17-55 mm 2.8, Nikon TTL flash or Metz and the X100s with the two conversion lenses that I have.

I am starting to think Fuji is not going to support TTL flash so fast and after my shoot yesterday and my EF-42 failing for who knows why, though I was able to save the day since I had a self-standing mono-pod with me that allowed me to use slower shutter speeds and still keep my ISO reasonable.

I may sell my remaining Fuji X lens that I was saving for the XT-1 body Or was waiting to see if the Xpro-2 materialized this year, but the X100s did a great job.

So, any DSLR and Fuji X duel system users? BTW the cost factor is pretty equal so lets forget about cost for the moment.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X100S Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow