Have You Been You Convinced to Upgrade from a Sony A77 to a Sony A77M2?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
braisim
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Re: Have You Been You Convinced to Upgrade from a Sony A77 to a Sony A77M2?
In reply to steelhead3, 4 months ago

My A77 was stolen a month ago and I've been deliberating about whether to replace it with a A77 or a MK2.

In the end I decided to stick with the A77. I can see why the new AF system would be great for sports/birds but I don't do much of that kind of photography. Given that I'm not interested in Wi-FI/NFC then the acknowledged improvements in high ISO and the user interface, plus extras like eye AF do not seem worth the €500-€600 additional cost. Plus with the A77 I get to keep GPS which I really do like.

I managed to snag a new A77 in a kit with 18-135, new, for €930 and I will probably sell on the lens. If the MK2 had kept GPS I might have convinced myself to splash out. None of the geotagging work-rounds are appealing and there doesn't even seem to be a Sony GPS accessory in the pipeline.

braisim's gear list:braisim's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 11-18mm F4.5-5.6 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow