Can anyone help with Mac/6D/Wifi/EOS Utility?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Contrapuntal
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Can anyone help with Mac/6D/Wifi/EOS Utility?
1 month ago

Hi there, I thought myself pretty switched on until I came up against Canon's arcane EOS utility. I have successfully paired my 6D with my iPhone using the 6D's Camera Access Point mode and that works well except that trying to shoot birdies in my garden soon drains the phone battery. Even when connected to a charger it drains faster than it can charge! So I thought I'd try to control the camera though my iMac and my domestic WiFi.

Connecting the camera to my iMac with a USB cable works fine  and I can transfer photos and other stuff OK but trying to connect via WiFi has been impossible. I know I am connected to the wifi network because I can see the 6D's MAC address in my router. However, the EOS utility pops up a window telling me "No Camera Found. Check your network connection."  I also see a progress bar at the bottom telling it's "Preparing to import..."

I've reset the 6D's network parameters twice and I've run out of ideas. Camera firmware and EOS Util is up-to-date.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Martin

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow