ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mvincent
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
MFNR different in RX100M3 vs M1?
2 months ago

RX100M3 owners/reviewers:

I just received my RX100M3 on Friday. Comparing it side by side with the RX100M1 and I'm finding that using MFNR yeilds poorer results using the M3 vs M1? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but the M1 takes 6 shots and merges them into 1. The M3 only seems to take 4, and after the merge is done, the images out of the M3 seem to have much less detail along with additional noise. The MFNR on the M3 seems to take much longer for each shot. With my ISO Auto ceiling set to ISO3200, the M1 still fired each shot very very quickly, reducing the chances of blurring. On the M3 with the same settings, it was considerably slower. Cranking my Auto ISO ceiling up does speed this up a little, but each shot still takes considerably longer.

I realize that this isn't the best way to shoot, but this feature I found extremely useful for museums or night shots when I don't have a tripod.

Help?

Michael

mvincent's gear list:mvincent's gear list
RX100 III
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
RX100 III Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow