M43 Buffer sizes.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 848Gear list
Like?
Re: Class 10 vs U1
In reply to uRebel Rob, 1 month ago

newellj wrote:
... but for best results - depending on which camera you're looking at - you likely want a UHS-1 card rather than a Class 10 card.

My understanding is Class 10 means a minimum 10 MB/s, and U1 means a minimum 10 MB/s sustained. The only difference the sustained part. Am I missing something (besides U1 a newer standard and thus older cards don't claim it)?

It's worth noting that UHS isn't just a speed rating tho, UHS cards work differently (electrically, at the controller level) and cameras that support UHS may very well work better with a UHS card than an older non UHS card even if it claims the same minimum speed. If you think I'm blowing smoke you can Google the technical details about the spec or look up some tests, they're out there (I remember seeing some UHS vs none but can't quite remember where now, either DPR boards or CameraLabs).

Cost difference is usually negligible anyway, unless you insist in buying SanDisk's top rated ultra extreme power ranger pro XL cards, and even those go on sale occasionally. It's early, apologies for the snark.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow