True that DPP4 does not work with 5DII files?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
rrccad
Senior MemberPosts: 3,322Gear list
Like?
Re: True that DPP4 does not work with 5DII files?
In reply to Paul Holman, 5 months ago

Paul Holman wrote:

rrccad wrote:

Heck even the prosumer 5D Mark II is 5+ years old now.

they still continually update and support DPP 3.x - i fail to see the insult.......

case in point - DPP 1.5 was shipped with the 1Ds mark II. you've enjoyed countless revisions up to 3.9.x. without any fees over the past 10 years and are still supported to this day as there is 3.9.14 being released by the end of the month.

So 5 years old is too old to continue offering software support ? Other companies manage better.

they do - DPP 3.x is continually updated and improved to this day.

you can't seem to grasp what "support" means.

"support" usually means that you get bug fixes, minor enhancements,etc,etc. however you certainly aren't entitled to new versions of the manufacturer deems otherwise.

Does microsoft give you windows 8.x if you had windows 7?

do they still support windows 7? yes? imagine that.

also again - you totally miss the "at launch" part. do you know what that is and means?

Not only that - what right do you have to demand anything from canon, hell, none of your cameras aren't even being sold anymore, and haven't for at least 3 to 7 years.

I use two cameras that are still being manufactured and sold by canon and they aren't supported yet with the new version and i'm not whining as much as you are.

give me a break. I work in software development, your emails would end up in my ignore folder as one of those people that demand something for nothing.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow