Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
One_Oldman_4U
Senior MemberPosts: 1,030Gear list
Like?
FZ1000 and digital (iZoom) questions???
3 months ago

I have been following and reading information about the new Panasonic FZ1000 and I have some questions that I could not find anywhere.

1. Is digital zoom same as iZoom?
  2. Does the digital zoom (iZoom) works on P A S M?
  3. What is the effective focal length when using the digital zoom (iZoom)? From what I read on the specs, it has 16X optical zoom and 4x digital zoom. What does this equates too? Can I get at least the equivalent of 600mm? Will I lose F-stop when using this?
  4. When using the digital zoom (iZoom), will it still record at the maximum resolution of 5472 x 3648?
  5. Can RAW + JPEG be recorded when using digital zoom (iZoom)?
  6. I understand that the one can do a 8 megapixel still frame capture from the 4K video, when using digital zoom (iZoom) will it still use the 8 megapixel capture or the resolution be smaller?

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Happy Shooting!
---
RiK
---
"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment and it's not how sharp the images are but how they convey the message."

"I'm a snap-shooter! I shoot anything that interest me. Sometimes, I get lucky and some of my snap-shots turns into a photograph."
---

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow