Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MitchG23
Forum MemberPosts: 75
Like?
New Canon User Struggling...
2 months ago

I used to shoot with a Nikon D7000 and a Nikon D600.  I had to sell my gear and I ended up with a modest budget of around $2500 to get back into it and buy all my stuff all over.  I ended up picking up a 70D because I heard it was a better all around camera than the D7100.  So far, I'm a little underwhelmed.  I think stepping down from full frame is part of it.  I'm used to seeing virtually no noise up to 5000 ISO and I see it at 1600 now.  It's not terrible, but still pretty noticeable.

I think I partly miss the ergonomics of my Nikon, but I'm trying to give it some time.  I guess the controls are in areas I'm not used to and that's frustrating me a bit to figure it out.  I'm much more of a still photographer than a videographer, so I'm trying to get myself excited with the camera.  I think maybe I need to try some new things with it.

Anyone else ever have to drop from FF to crop and feel a little underwhelmed?  I'm trying not to give up on the Canon either, just because I'm acclimated to Nikon.  But sometimes I think sell the Canon and pick up a D700.  I know most people here love Canon, and I'm not saying my Nikon was better, but the step down from FF is a tough pill to swallow so far.

Canon EOS 70D Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow