Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
carter941
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Upgrading from 5Dc.. 6D or Sony A7?
Jun 24, 2014

I'm finally in the position to be able to upgrade my Canon 5Dc which I've been shooting with for over a year. It has served me amazingly for the price, and has created great images for my portfolio.

I am a photographer for a music studio and do alot of Portrait/Artist photography as well as inside the music studio and even nightlife/ event photos.

This is my list of needs in my new camera

-MOST IMPORTANT- Image Quality and Resolution, I want my photos to be crispy and beautiful

-Low light ability, my 5D really struggles in low light, and I need something that allows for great high ISO images that look very good

- Autofocus performance... The A7 has 111 AF Points !!! VS. the 6Ds 11 points

- Video Capability- my boss would like me to have the ability to shoot HD video, I am never going to be a professional videographer so this is not that much of a concern, I just want the ability to shoot 1080p video and with quality results.

That's pretty much it. I need a new body that is FF, has great IQ, performs well in low light, has a good/fast autofocus system, and has the ability to shoot 1080p.

give it to me straight ! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I currently have all EOF canon lenses, but there are adapter mounts available for the A7 SONY to use Canon glass so this isn't an issue.

THANKS ! I AM SO EXCITED TO FINALLY BE ABLE TO HAVE A CAMERA THAT WILL NOT HOLD ME BACK IN ANYWAY. PLEASE GIVE ADVICE !!

carter941's gear list:carter941's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow