Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
carter941
Junior MemberPosts: 31Gear list
Like?
Upgrading from 5Dc.. 6D or Sony A7?
4 months ago

I'm finally in the position to be able to upgrade my Canon 5Dc which I've been shooting with for over a year. It has served me amazingly for the price, and has created great images for my portfolio.

I am a photographer for a music studio and do alot of Portrait/Artist photography as well as inside the music studio and even nightlife/ event photos.

This is my list of needs in my new camera

-MOST IMPORTANT- Image Quality and Resolution, I want my photos to be crispy and beautiful

-Low light ability, my 5D really struggles in low light, and I need something that allows for great high ISO images that look very good

- Autofocus performance... The A7 has 111 AF Points !!! VS. the 6Ds 11 points

- Video Capability- my boss would like me to have the ability to shoot HD video, I am never going to be a professional videographer so this is not that much of a concern, I just want the ability to shoot 1080p video and with quality results.

That's pretty much it. I need a new body that is FF, has great IQ, performs well in low light, has a good/fast autofocus system, and has the ability to shoot 1080p.

give it to me straight ! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I currently have all EOF canon lenses, but there are adapter mounts available for the A7 SONY to use Canon glass so this isn't an issue.

THANKS ! I AM SO EXCITED TO FINALLY BE ABLE TO HAVE A CAMERA THAT WILL NOT HOLD ME BACK IN ANYWAY. PLEASE GIVE ADVICE !!

carter941's gear list:carter941's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow