Anyone use a Black Rapid sling AND a Black Rapid wrist strap?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dark13star
Contributing MemberPosts: 964Gear list
Like?
Anyone use a Black Rapid sling AND a Black Rapid wrist strap?
1 month ago

I'm looking for a better solution for switching between slings and wrist straps. I currently have a Luma Loop (no longer made after being sued by Black Rapid) and various wrist straps. It is a pain to switch them because I have to unthread them from the standard Fuji triangle on the side of the camera. Furthermore, I often carry both the X100S and the XT1 in my bag and would like to more easily switch which is primary (on the sling) and which is secondary (wrist strap to come out for a few shots here and there).

It looks like the Black Rapid system would help if I bought the Metro sling strap and the wrist strap. I could then go ahead and get extra fasteners for each camera body for easy switching.

Anyone out there doing this? I like the look of the Metro strap a lot. I don't like the look of the wrist strap as much. I'm also not sure how much I will like attaching at the bottom of the body instead of on the side. I'd appreciate any thoughts on that as well.

Many thanks
Rich

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +10 more
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow