How is X-T1 for two very different users? And auto/program mode?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dude Steve
Regular MemberPosts: 234
Like?
How is X-T1 for two very different users? And auto/program mode?
6 months ago

[Blasphemy! Shock! Dismay!]

Ok, so yes, I'm wondering if I X-T1 might be a good travel system that my wife and I can both use. Would be nice if we could share.

- Me: extremely comfortable with dslr, still enjoy using it, but don't always want to lug it around.

- Wife: point and shoot all the way, baby! Her Canon S100 just broke and I don't want to replace it with another P&S if I don't have to. She complains about it being too slow, anyway.

I'd love to be able to get one system that both of us use. I'd have my own settings, and she'd just use auto mode. Workflow would hopefully be to just set the camera to an auto mode, hand her the camera, she takes a picture, I take it back, and I set it back to how I want it with little effort.

On my Canon 5D3 with back button focus and my own meter/focus/drive/etc mode settings, etc, I can set it to program mode, give it to her, and then switch it back just like *that*.

But it doesn't look like it's that simple with the X-T1...or am I wrong? And if it's easy to switch to full auto mode, is it any good as a P&S, too?

Thanks!

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-T1 Kodak Pixpro S-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow