ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
voider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,722Gear list
Like?
Surprisingly good Nikon 85 1.4G and I love my 24 1.4G
5 months ago

Hi,

I sold my old 85 1.4D and bought the 1.4G. I use both on the D800e. The 1.4G is in my opinion much more contrasty and sharper at 1.4. But the best part is for me that I hit focus now 99% of the time instead of 60%. Especially at 1.4 it is critical to hit the focus. Since I only have it since friday I don't have any pictures I can share.

I once tested the 1.4D vs 1.4G when I had my D700 and the G did not blow me away compared to the D. But with the D800e the differences were immediately visible.

Currently my most used lenses are the 24 1.4G and 85 1.4G. Just the Sigma Art 50 1.4 is missing. I think that i am then well equipped and will leave more often everything else at home.

While I am at it. The 24 1.4G is such a stunning lens. I was on a wedding and 70% of the shots were done with the 24 1.4G. It makes great pics on nearly all light conditions. Especially when combined with a good polarizer in daylight. I have the 14-24 and 24-70 and they are very good but not special since they can't do 1.4.

Nikon D700 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow