Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joris1632
Regular MemberPosts: 180
Like?
Why Sigma? What's unique? Apologies to mroy and docmaas
4 months ago

I wanted to reply to threads by both the above but I'm a new convert and haven't been so enthusiastic about a camera in years. I retired due to ill health about the time digital was becoming a viable alternative to film. Stayed with (mainly) Nikon DSLRs for the usual reasons - compatibility etc.. I could never find anything smaller that suited me. Don't give a **** about high ISO, DOF, video, frame rate and so on ad infinitum, for me it's about how a camera handles light and converts it into colour-tone. I'm an artist/painter who's used photography as a sort of sketchbook for more than half a century but my new DP3M is the best yet.

I never post photos because I don't profess to be a photographer but I put a few here just to illustrate what I mean, - not great works of art and I don't have the Grand Canyon or the Alps just around the corner but we must cut our cloth ........

https://picasaweb.google.com/108874553551378614648/DP3MNEW?authkey=Gv1sRgCJKGx_yX9J_PpwE

Joris1632

Sigma DP3 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow