ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mcl
mcl
Senior MemberPosts: 1,151Gear list
Like?
First Observations on EVF vs OVF now that I have an A77II
6 months ago

I got my 1st SLR in the Aug 1980 before our second son was born. It was a Minolta XG-7, all black with 50mm f1.4 lens and case. My wife had said we should get a good camera before he was born. A short while later I stopped in a camera store and bought it. Bought the book Joy of Photography and subscribed to both Popular and Modern Photography and essentially taught myself photography. (Always liked Modern better That Popular Photography). Didn't even go auto focus until I got the KM Maxxum 7D. Then I got the Sony A700. All OVF. Now I recently got the A77II.

(BTW, before our oldest son she said let's get a sound Super 8 camera....we have sound movies of both our son's being born and yes I've had them digitized. But that's another and very for our eyes only story ;-). ).

The 3 main very quick observations:

1. Many times I would bring the XG-7 or the A700 to my eye .......don't get much with the A77II without 1st turning it on:-D.

2. Wow, there is a lot of extra information in the EVF display that you don't get in the OVF display.

3. I really like the WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) aspect of the EVF. For example, you adjust exposure compensation and you actually see the effects. It's great.

-- hide signature --

mcl

mcl's gear list:mcl's gear list
Sony a77 II
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D (Dynax 7D / Alpha-7 Digital) Sony a77 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow