Anyone else experiencing the RX100 3 display not sitting flush after being used?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Zamora
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
Anyone else experiencing the RX100 3 display not sitting flush after being used?
4 months ago

Just received m RX100 3 and after testing out the LCD display's retracting feature (both in selfie mode and extended out), I noticed that it doesn't sit completely flush at the bottom. I don't know if it was this way initially, but there is definitely a small gap now. When handling the camera, I also noticed that because it no longer sits flush, it sometimes catches to parts of my hand and easily extends out on occasion with the slightest pull.

The metal arms in the III do seem a bit more thinned out compared to what I remember in the II. Perhaps a little use of the LCD being retracted causes it to not sit flush. While it's not worth a return to the store for me, it is a little bothersome...

-- hide signature --

P&S lover extraordinaire
http://www.pocketshooter.com

David Zamora's gear list:David Zamora's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Sigma DP2s Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony RX100 II Nikon D7000 +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow