Own NEX-3N. SEL35F18 or bigger NEX for better pics (low light) ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maxaudet
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Own NEX-3N. SEL35F18 or bigger NEX for better pics (low light) ?
6 months ago

Hey all,

I own a NEX-3N with the kit lense and I really like it. However, I'd like to get better low-light performances for taking pics of my 2yo daughter (aka moving subject most of the time!). More bokeh would be nice too. Most of the pics are inside pics with normal to low light. I currently refrain from taking pics at the moment when it's low-light as the results aren't that good (I have to use fast shutter speed as she's always moving!).

I'm thinking of buying a SEL35F18 lense as from what I read, it would answer my needs. However, I'm wondering if the 3N is 'good enough' for this lense. I mean, will this entry-level 3N will fully take advantage of this prime lense ?

For approx the same price, I could change the cam itself for a better model but I believe for what I want, investing in a lense would make more sense.

Your thoughts please ?

Also, I wasn't able to find comparison between my kit lense (SELP1650) and SEL35F18 in low-light. I believe there is a big/noticeable difference, but please confirm.

Thanks,

Kind of pics I take - https://secure.flickr.com/photos/60469821@N08/sets/72157634703318605/

(EDIT: Let me know if you have other suggestions.  I also saw the Sigma 30mm but I think I'd go for the Sony even if it costs more as it looks to be quite better for what I want).

maxaudet's gear list:maxaudet's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3N +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-3N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow