Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jaggedhorizon
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
The G1x Mark ii dynamic range question
1 month ago

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm thinking of getting a G1X Mark II as a companion to my DSLR kit (Canon 60D + a few decent lenses), or rather a DSLR replacement for hiking, take-anywhere etc.

Dpreview has rated the dynamic range as not stellar.  I used to have an Olympus E-510 which had less dynamic range than its competitors at the time, and I found this difficult to work around.  On the other hand, my 60D, although it may not be top of the range (that accolade goes to Nikons I guess), is fine for me.

so, for the users of the G1X mark ii: is this a major issue in practice? any comparison with other cameras? (especially 60D and E-510!) any workaround? (I guess bracketing + HDR would be one).

I know this has been a delicate issue around the forum, I don't intend either to bash the camera or sing its praises. I want the zoom range so it's either the G1X Mark ii or nothing (won't go for the Sony RX100 M3).

Thanks for your help

Canon EOS 60D Olympus E-5 RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow