Follow up thoughts (to earlier thread about P&S vs m4/3 cameras and travel)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron Sur
Senior MemberPosts: 1,041
Like?
Re: Trip of a lifetime
In reply to Steven Wandy, 6 months ago

Hi steven,

From the photographers I talk to, Apple aperture is falling behind products from Phase One and Adobe. you might want to upgrade. One thing I notice a lot on this forum is folks using obsolete software. It makes no sense to me to have a a larger sensor photographic tool and not use it to it's fullest potential.I do not mean exclusively shooting raw but sometimes as you are well aware due to various constraints we can't avail of the best light, and in these conditions RAW can really shine. If you have a mac with retina display C1 is optimized for it.Even with the best Jpeg output cameras of which Olympus are among the best, a Raw file will always present better, which is why some of the best Olympus shooters like Ming Thein, Robin Wong etc recommend shooting Raw. If you can't see the difference  the Raw converter is not utilising the data to its fullest advantage. Anyways it's your choice , but most importantly once again have a fantastic trip.

Aaron

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow