Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cchen2
Contributing MemberPosts: 764Gear list
Like?
a tribute to my Dad and Mom on their 40th anniversary
4 months ago

Sorry, no RX10 pictures in this post, but I wanted to show some love to my parents on their 40th wedding anniversary

-=-=-

40 years ago today, my parents got married. I'm grateful in hindsight, for all the ways that they did the hard thing- encouraging (forcing!) me to learn even though I never liked to do it, pushing me to become better even after I was fine with mediocre, not giving me everything that I wanted, even though we probably could afford it, so that I would learn to earn things myself. I am finding that it is easier for parents to want to be their kid's best friend, instead of first training them up for adulthood. True sacrifice is being willing to be the "bad person" for a season, in order that the kid will be ready for the tough world that is out there.

By watching them, I saw that two imperfect people, in an imperfect marriage (hint: there is no perfect marriage short of heaven) who worked through their challenges with patience, forgiveness and a lot of hard work. It is a joy to see their marriage growing even after so many years; seeing two people who really enjoy being around each other and love each better than they did 40 years ago

-=-=-

From a camera related slant, my father didn't murder me when I left his $1000 Olympus D-300L in a restaurant when I was 18.  He was one of the first dads to get on the digital camera bandwagon.  This state of the art machine took pictures at a whole 1024x768 (!!!).  It had a prime lens before I even knew what prime lenses were.

Since we're going throwback, here are some old school pics for you!

me sporting a hitler style haircut as a baby

Here we are, older and wiser!

-- hide signature --

Just one life, twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last

cchen2's gear list:cchen2's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow