ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ric63
Senior MemberPosts: 1,785Gear list
Like?
Back To Basics
5 months ago

Hi All.

With all the tech talk going back and forth, the decdisions to be made should I buy an RX100 1, 2 or 3.

Hi tech issues about Bill having to much of a good time at his daughters wedding to take pics for us

And the many issues of comparing cameras, to see which one is best, which one has best low light capability, which one has the fastest shutter speed, and where best to spend our hard earned cash ETC ETC

I thought I would share ONE image with all of you.

I took this (not very good) image below at a place called Laycock Abbey, Whiltshire England.

The below pic is the camera made & used by Henry Fox Talbot who is the father of photography. He even coined the phrase/word "negative"

He pointed this camera at the window it is now in front of and exposed his new invention to the incoming light for over 3 minutes.

His new invention he called "Photogenic Drawing Process"

The resulting photograh started all of this that we are so passionate about, Photography!

Below my pic is the oldest negative in existence that Henry Fox talbot took with his camera of the very window I photographed. He took this image in 1835. That was the beginning.

Sorry I dont know why these sideways images happen to me

A photograph produced from the above negative

-- hide signature --

Enjoy Your Photography,
Ric.

ric63's gear list:ric63's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-U20 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Samsung Galaxy Camera 4G Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +10 more
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow